NZ House & Garden House Tours
Terms & Conditions – Tickets Sales and Participation
1. Fairfax New Zealand Limited (“Fairfax”) organises and hosts the NZ House & Garden Tours (“the Tours”). By registering to participate in the Tours you (“the Participant”) acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to your registration and participation in the Tours.
2. If you wish to attend the Tours you will need to register for the Tours by visiting nzhouseandgarden.co.nz/housetours and purchasing your tickets. Registration does not guarantee you a space on the Tours, tickets for the Tours are subject to availability and are available on a first in first served basis.
3. Any refund of the ticket price is at the sole discretion of Fairfax. No refund or exchange on tickets will be given, except as required by law, within 10 days of the event.
4. Fairfax reserves the right to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way, or are not purchased from Fairfax.
5. As you will be visiting people’s homes as part of the Tours you will need to be respectful and adhere to all instructions from event staff and volunteers. Fairfax reserves the right to remove any participants who do not adhere to instructions from Volunteers or Fairfax staff members. It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of the entry to the venue.
6. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Fairfax, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
7. You consent to Fairfax carrying out filming, sound recording and/or photography of the Tours as a participant and you consent to the use by Fairfax of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
8. Use of the registration platform and the Stuff.co.nz website is subject at all times to Fairfax’s standard terms and conditions of use which can be viewed here http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/10647764/Website-terms-and-conditions.
10. Fairfax will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of savings) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your application and/or your registration and or participation in the Tours or any failure or omission on the part of Fairfax to comply with its obligations under these terms and conditions.
11. Whilst all material and content provided with regard to the Tours is derived from sources believed to be accurate and current we give no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
12. All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these terms and conditions are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so. You agree that to the extent that you are acquiring goods or services under these terms and conditions for the purposes of a business, the guarantees provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply to Fairfax’s supply of such goods and services.
13. You will indemnify Fairfax against any costs, losses and damages and will, at your cost, defend or settle any claim suit, action or proceeding brought against Fairfax arising from: (a) any breach of these terms and conditions by you; and (b) your participation in the Tours.
14. We regret no children under the age 12 years.
Terms & Conditions – NZ House and Garden Tour Aprons and Cookbook Competition
1. The competition (the “Competition”) is run by Fairfax Media New Zealand Limited (“Fairfax”). Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees, and their immediate families, of Fairfax and associated sponsor(s) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Competition is open to NZ residents only.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Purchase a ticket to one of the five NZ House and Garden Tours at www.nzhouseandgardentours.co.nz use the code HOUSETOURS17 and go in the draw to win.
4. PRIZES: By entering the Competition you go into the draw to win two limited edition House Tours aprons and two Foggydale Farm Jam Sessions cookbooks.
5. DATES: Entries for the Competition are open until Friday 16 December 2017. Entries received after Friday 16 December will not be considered valid entries.
6. PRIZE DRAW: The Prize will be drawn on Monday 19 December 2016 and the winner contacted by email and phone.
7. PRIZE DELIVERY: Fairfax will send by post or courier the two limited edition aprons and two Foggydale Farm Jam Sessions cookbooks.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be contacted using details provided. If a winner cannot be contacted within 2 days the relevant Fairfax reserves the right to redraw the prize.
9. NO CORRESPONDENCE: Fairfax’s decision regarding the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. NOT REDEEMABLE: The prize is not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
11. INFORMATION: By entering the Competition, winners agree to their names being published, and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Fairfax and Fairfax may use their names and photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
12. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Competition entries become the property of Fairfax, which will keep the personal information it holds about entrants confidential and will not disclose it to third parties.
13. DATABASE: Entrants to the Competition permit Fairfax to enter their personal information, received as part of the entry process, into a database for the purpose of contacting them directly about any other Fairfax publications or special offers, samples and other promotions.
14. PRIAVCY: Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any personal information.
14. NO LIABILITY: Fairfax and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with promotion except any liability that cannot be excluded by law. Fairfax takes no responsibility for prizes that are damaged or lost in transit. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning.
Terms & Conditions – Win a Mazda for the Weekend
1. To be eligible to enter, entrants must complete all details on the entry form
2. The winner must be over 18 years of age and hold a full driver’s license.
3. The prize winner will win the use of a Mazda vehicle of their choice – subject to availability.
4. The prize vehicle can be collected from the nearest Mazda Dealer to the winner or any other Mazda Dealer of the winner’s choice. It does not include travel to and from the Mazda Dealer.
5. The driver/winner agrees to ensure that the prize car will be operated within the law.
6. All traffic infringement, speed camera and parking fines are the responsibility of the driver/winner
7. The prize car will be fully insured by Mazda NZ and anyone with a valid full NZ driver’s license is permitted to drive it
8. There is a $1000 excess (if the driver is over 25, increasing to $1500 if they are between 20 and 25 and $2000 if they are under 20 years of age) which the driver/winner may be required to contribute to, should they be purposely negligent with the vehicle while it is in their care.
9. There is no limit to the distance that you can drive the prize car
10. The prize car will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and if any additional fuel is required, this will be at the driver/winner’s cost, however, there is no requirement to return the car with a full tank of fuel
11. Prize car will be made available for collection on a mutually agreed date with weekend’s use deemed collection on a Friday and return on a Monday during normal business hours
12. No responsibility is taken by Mazda for late, lost or misdirected entries. The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into
13. Entrants may only enter once
14. The draw will take place on 12 April 2017.
15. Fairfax Media/Mazda will make three attempts to contact the winner from the information supplied. If any winner cannot be contacted on or before 12 April 2017 the prize will be declared null and void at the discretion of Fairfax Media/Mazda.
16. Mazda reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry
17. Entries will become the property of Fairfax Media/Mazda. By entering, you agree that your details may be used for database purposes. You will receive promotional information from Mazda from time to time and may unsubscribe at any time
18. Mazda and any other agencies associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is sustained (directly or indirectly) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained by any entrant or prize winners in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
19. The prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event a winner is unable to take the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and no cash will be awarded in lieu of prize
20. Employees of Fairfax Media, Mazda, Their Agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter
21. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason Mazda will provide an alternative prize at our discretion